Thursday 18 February 2010

Stamina & Belay Glasses

Out at Ratho on Wed night for stamina training. Managed to fit in 3 sets of 3 by 3's before time ran out. Got the pump level just right on all three sets. Felt pretty good.

Had good Pilates sessions this week and got a 5k run in on Tuesday afternoon.
Just had my first fingerboard session since December and recovery from injury. Felt good to get back on it. The fingers need the strength badly. Not lost too much though so quite happy.

Tried out my new belay glasses on Wed night - hence arriving a little late after picking them up from 'belay glasses Pete'. Cost me £85 which for a lot of climbers is probably quite eye watering! However I've spent about £160 over the last two months on Physio and sports massage to release all the muscles down the right side of my neck all the way to my elbow. I think the £85 is going to be a pretty damn good investment if it helps prevent my muscles tightening up again (which every time I was belaying I was feeling)

Takes a wee bit of getting used to them and you don't want to put them on until your partner is at least 4 clips up but after that you get a very interesting and slightly magnified view of your partners attempts. You kind of watch them climb away from you along the ground and you can see some interesting things in their technique and shifting of weight. You can really watch them the whole time and with no neck pain. Perfect! I like them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan,
    they are perfect and that´s what I call them: LZB = lazy belay glasses. ;-) have a look at www.powernplay.com
    Cheers
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete